A general contractor is responsible for overseeing a construction project’s day-to-day schedules and activities during construction. There are project managers from the conception of the project to its completion. In most cases, general contractors are hired by project owners. The general contractor hires other contractors like plumbers, concrete workers, and electrical workers.
Large projects often source their general contractor from construction companies, while smaller projects often hire individuals as their GC. General Contractors Daytona Beach-based, and based in other areas, will have the following responsibilities:
- Overseeing the quality of work performed by the other contractors
- Applying for business permits on the client’s behalf
- Providing construction advice to the hiring party
- Ensuring the property site is secure and safe for work
- Managing and organizing the workers on site
- Ensuring temporary utilities are present on-site when needed
- Figuring how to dispose or recycle waste from the construction site
- Monitoring work schedules and cash flow
General contractors in Daytona Beach, Florida, require licensing from the Department of Business and Professional Regulation of the State of Florida to apply for the position. Applicants must have four years of experience alongside construction education. If you have any questions, please visit our website and feel free to contact us at any time.